With finals around the corner, we’ve been a little slow with coverage. But we hope you didn’t miss the following stories:
- Por dios! S&P cuts Spain’s ratings to BBB- plus…the 8th largest economy is barely investment grade! Can Spain hold on?
- Washington showering some borderline inappropriate love on AIG? The U.S. still owns 70% of the company, and the stock is up 40 percent this year. Perhaps the tax benefit worth $17.7 billion awarded by the Treasury has something to do with it?
- Best Canadian proxy fight ever? Telus what you think.
- Blowing the Whistleblower? The SEC should use protections in the future.
- Holding the rates steady against changing winds.
- Geithner demands aggressive action to fight financial crisis.
- Say on Pay makes an impact on Barclays today.