Highlights from this week include:
- Banker bonuses bigger than fixed pay may be outlawed if some EU legislators get their wish. Could such legislation happen, or even be considered in the USA?
- How far will the business judgment rule stretch if criminal charges are ruled out? MF Global Execs may face personal liability says claw back trustee.
- Mitigating negative press with back channel negotiations instead of proxy fights. Interesting approach with mixed success for Goldman Sachs.
- Where will the rates go? The assorted views of the Fed.
- Soros says exceptional measures needed to save the EU.
- Did the SEC crackdown enough on financial crisis fraud?